Monday, December 10, 2012

Fear

What I feared happened... My other blogging site has currently been down for AT LEAST 42 hours currently. There has been no word from the blogging site creator, but according to one of his admins, it is a hosting issue and not a server issue. Apparently it's not really a big deal, but they expected the site to be back up yesterday and it's still down. *sad face*

I had "the talk" with Matt about having a baby. He was in a silly mood so I almost didn't talk to him about it, but here is the gist of our conversation (I'm bolded):

Me: I have something serious I want to talk to you about. 
Him: No!
Me: It’s not regarding marriage…
Him: You want to buy something?
Me: No.
Him: You want ME to buy something for you?
Me: No. 
Him: You need something from me?
Me: Well, kind of. 
Him: What? (said really silly-like)
Me: If you’re not going to be serious about it, I’m not going to talk to you. 
Him: What do you need?
Me: I want a baby… 
Him: (shocked look)
Me: I was watching TV the other day and found out that by age 30, women lose 90% of their eggs. You could be fertile forever, but me, not so much… and the women in my family have problems with having babies anyway… You always told me you wanted to have kids with me. 
Him: Ummm… (looks shocked still) Rusty, you wanna go outside and play?

I sat there for a little bit until he came back in and then:

Him: Let me think about it. That’s a huge deal.
Me: Okay. 
Him: We’re not very responsible.
Me: (shrugs) 
Him: This house is too little to have a baby.
Me: Oh no. My great-aunt lived in this house with four kids. We could make it work with one. 
Him: Okay, let me think about it.

He didn't flat out say no which is amazing. I'm excited at the prospect, but I'm trying not to get too excited. I think I'm going to talk to him again before my appointment next Monday and tell him I want to stop taking my birth control regardless. I have no sex drive. None. I'm sure part of it is because I'm overweight, but I can't remember the last time we had sex. That's insane because we're young people living in the same house... It also raises my blood pressure and I think it would greatly help my blood pressure if I went off of it. *shrugs*

Anyone have any suggestions of things I should ask my doctor regarding trying for a baby (if Matt agrees)? Right now I only have a couple for her:

1) Should I wait a certain amount of time after stopping my birth control before trying to conceive. (I think I read somewhere that you should wait 3 months, but I'm not sure if that's valid or where I heard it from.)

2) Would it be best to go off of my Prozac before trying to get pregnant? If so, how long after stopping Prozac can we safely try to conceive?

3) Would it be best to go ahead and change my blood pressure medication to something that's pregnancy safe or should we wait until a positive pregnancy test?

1 comment:

  1. my gyno pretty much said lose weight nad have sex days 12-16 of cycle every other day (you need to get regeneration time for the sperm). and she suggested i start taking pre natal vitamins while trying. but i dont see a reason to do that.
    im not on any meds other than thryoid meds, which i was told to contact the endo as soon as i get pregnant to watch my levels.

    ReplyDelete

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!