Thursday, December 13, 2012

Domesticated + Other Ramblings

I am going to feel all domesticated this weekend! This is my to do list that I started yesterday:
  1. Go through refrigerator. Read labels on all condiments and throw away old ones. Clear out anything spoiled.
  2. Clean refrigerator fully. Thoroughly clean off all shelves with hot soapy water. Includes freezer.
  3. Go through mess on end of kitchen counter.
  4. Go through basket on baker's rack (where I keep my "important" letters).
  5. Give Rusty a bath.
  6. Wash Rusty's bed.
  7. Wash our bed sheets.
  8. Clean out bedroom closet.
  9. Scour bathroom. Includes: cleaning toilet, cleaning sink, bleaching toothbrush holder, cleaning off storage shelves, scouring bathtub.
That's quite a list. I want to have all of that done by the end of the weekend. I was going to give Rusty a bath tonight, but I'm really tired. I don't feel like giving him a bath and washing all of the bed sheets and his bed. I'm currently baking some cookies.

Anyway, I had another talk with Matt today about making babies... I didn't pressure him at all, but I did tell him that I want to go off of my birth control. Here is a list of possible side effects of my birth control that I do have:
  • Enlarged Breasts/Breast Tenderness: I have been taking vitamin E for years now for breast tenderness. And my breasts have gotten ginormous since I started birth control, but that could also be because I've gained roughly 75-90 pounds since then. *shrugs*
  • Irregular Periods/Absence of Menstrual Periods: Sometimes my period is heavy and sometimes it's non-existent. I worried about not having periods until I saw it was a "normal" side effect and you shouldn't be concerned unless you don't have a period for three months in a row.
  • Weight Gain/Change in Appetite: My weight has gone up a lot since I started birth control. I've also had a lot harder time controlling my compulsive overeating. Hence the Prozac...
  • Sinus Irritation and Congestion: Maybe my allergies really aren't allergies, but are because of the birth control. I mean, I started this birth control in April of probably 2010... so two and a half years ago and that's when my "allergies" kicked into high gear
  • Low Energy/Chronic Trouble Sleeping: I am always tired and could always fall asleep at the drop of a hat... I also don't sleep very well sometimes. 
  • Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva: I get yeast infections a lot and very easily. It's annoying. I hate them!
  • Migraine Headaches: I have been getting migraines a lot lately. I didn't realize this was also a side effect of birth control. Hmmm...
  • Diarrhea/Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements: I either have one or the other. I'm either constipated as all get out or have diarrhea that doesn't stop... My close friends know this about me... It's annoying, but again, I didn't realize that it was a side effect of my birth control.
  • Easily Angered or Annoyed/Mood Changes: I tend to get irritable really easy. You can just ask my friend Brenda. LOL I can be in a perfectly good mood and as soon as something small happens, I snap and get angry. 
  • Altered Interest in Having Sexual Intercourse: We all know that I have virtually no sex drive.
  • High Blood Pressure: I always knew this was a side effect and my doctor keeps trying to take me off of the birth control because of my high blood pressure.
I went through the complete list of possible side effects and didn't know that some of them were even side effects. . *shrugs*  Anyway, Matt agreed that I could stop taking my birth control. Like I said previously, we don't have sex often right now so I'm not worried about getting pregnant yet. We didn't talk about his decision about having a baby or not. I don't know if we're going to just not prevent pregnancy or use other forms of birth control or actively try yet, but after I'm done with this pack of pills, I'm not getting any more. :) Yay that! It's a step in the right direction...

Onto the dieting front... I haven't been watching what I'm eating in the slightest. I've been eating whatever I want and that's not good for me. I need to lose weight, not stay the same. My weight is no longer going up really (I bounce within the same 5 pounds). At least I'm not binge eating consistently and that helps. It would also help if I had more money to buy some healthy groceries.

I'm so poor right now it's ridiculous!!! I am COMPLETELY broke right now. Both of my credit cards are maxed out ($620 total). I have absolutely nothing in savings and have around $10 in my checking. I get paid tomorrow, but after I pay my bills, I'll have about $20 left over to last me until the following Friday. That's when we're supposed to get our Christmas bonus. They're taxed like crazy. If I use a formula against how much I got last year, I'll get $350ish back this year. Now, I KNOW I will get this bonus because it's basically paying me back for not taking my sick time. I just don't know for sure that I'll get it that Friday, but it should be that day. He's always given them to us the last work day before Christmas. He also gives us a Christmas card with a $50 bill in it. So, I should get an extra $400 next Friday. Then my last paycheck of the year (the 28th), I only have a few bills to pay. I looked over my budget, and the good news is that by the time I get my tax return back (assuming I get back everything I paid in like I do every year... roughly $1000), I will be out of debt (except my two loans) and even have a couple of hundred extra to put in my savings. Yay that!

Okay, my timer is buzzing that my cookies are done. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!