Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Work with me here...

I have this vague feeling that the universe is conspiring against me. So, the Commit To It Competition Round 4 began on Monday. I had planned to start the 30 Day Shred challenge on Monday as well. Monday came around and I set my alarm for 5:45 am so I could get up, weigh, measure, dress, and workout for 25 minutes before work. Unfortunately, my boyfriend was still up. My house is TINY and we only have one TV hooked up to a DVD player... he was using that TV to play video games. This tends to happen when you have a nerd for a boyfriend who works second shift... He had been going to be around 5 so I figured I was safe. Not so much. I just went back to bed.

Monday night I had made plans with my best friend. I hadn't seen her in probably a month so we decided to hang out. She came over and we watched a movie. All day I had a severe sinus headache. Pam left around 8:15 or so and then I watched Drop Dead Diva on my DVR. By the time it was done (about 40 minutes without commercials) my sinus headache had turned into a migraine and a pretty bad one at that... probably the second worst I have ever had. I just went to bed around 9, but my head hurt so bad it took me 30-45 minutes to fall asleep.

Normally when I have a migraine, if I go to sleep, it's gone when I get up. This time it wasn't. My head hurt so bad yesterday morning. I couldn't get up to do the 30DS. I just... couldn't. If you've ever had migraines, you know what I mean... I took three ibuprofen and went back to bed. When it was time to get up for the day, it still hurt. I was almost late to work because my head hurt so bad... Finally after I had been to work for about an hour, my headache went away. I imagine the ibuprofen kicked in. Around lunch time (1:30 central time), my headache came back. When I went to lunch, I bought some Aleve and I took one of those. It didn't kick in until after I got home from work for about an hour or so... Ugh.

I talked to my friend Jo about it... she's a RN now. WOOT! She's leaning towards allergies or a sinus infection causing my headaches. Luckily, I have an appointment with my doctor next Friday for my six month blood pressure check up... I'm going to bring it up with her then.

So last night I was up late. My headache went away and I was being very productive on my website so yeah... So, once again, I'm pushing it back... just still Saturday. I figure Saturday is a good day to start! So, once again, here are my revised goals (for the rest of the year):

September 15th to October 15th, 2012 Goals:

Diet/Fitness Related:


  1. Stay below my max calories for 90% of the thirty days (this means I can have 3 cheat days).
  2. COMPLETE Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred with weight and measurements at the beginning (September 15th), halfway point (September 30th), and end (October 15th).
  3. Attend the YMCA and do at least three 30+ minute cardio (treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike) exercises each week.
  4. Blog daily. No matter how mindless the rambles. Add a daily food and exercise log is to the entries.
  5. Weigh myself each Friday and post the results. No excuses.
  6. Refrain from ordering in food at work. Limit to once (or possibly twice) during the 30 day period.
Non-Diet/Fitness Related:
  1. Write at least 10,000 words (approximately three chapters) in any of my three unfinished novels each week.
  2. Work on my "Supernatural" website for at least two hours each week.
  3. Spend time with friends and/or family at least once a week.
  4. Watch less television.
 Commit to It Competition Goals (September 10th to November 18th):
  1. Fit in my size 18 maurices jeans that I bought but can't wear right now.
  2. Lose 10-15 pounds by the end of the competition.
By December 31st, 2012:
  1. Complete Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
  2. Lose 15-20 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!