Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend So Far (Recap)

I've had a good weekend so far... Let's see...

Friday I had plans to go to Fashion Bug with my friend Megan after work. Well, she wasn't responding to my texts so I thought I'd try my bestie Pam... she didn't respond either, so I text my mom. My dad called me at work and was like, "Why are you inviting your mom out to dinner and not me???" I was like, "Dad, you're more than welcome to come, but a) I'm not paying for everyone and b) I didn't figure you'd want to go to Fashion Bug." He said, "Well, how about I transfer you money for your mom's birthday, I'll transfer you a little extra and then you can go pick up Mexican and bring it out and we can all eat before you go." I told him that I could eat Mexican any time and I didn't want Mexican... I wanted something from Effingham (the town we were going to)... but I could go pick him and my niece up some Mexican and take it there before my mom and I left. He said he'd talk to my mom and call me back. Well, he didn't so when I got off work I called him. He said that he didn't want Mexican and that he would eat what he was planning on eating (leftovers). He sounded kinda bummed so I called him back and said I was on my way to Walgreens to pick up my prescription and some allergy meds and I could swing by anywhere to get him some food... he said no, he'd eat what he was planning on eating. So I got about to Walgreens and my mom text me and was like, "Go get your dad a Mrs Mexican (his favorite dish at his favorite Mexican restaurant) and get a small side of beans for Hailey (the niece)." So as soon as I got to Walgreens I called in the order. They said it'd take about ten minutes. I ran into Walgreens and found my Zyrtec, debated over which kind to get, then went and picked up my Prozac... I checked out, got to my car, drove across town, waited for about five minutes for the Mexican and then headed to my parents'.

I got there and my dad seemed surprised, but happy, that I brought him out Mexican. He dug right into it, but the niece was being difficult about eating her beans. Mom and I sat around for about ten minutes before we headed to Effingham to shop and eat. We decided to go to Fashion Bug first. We were in there for probably about an hour. I saw a pair of cute blue sandals on the clearance rack. They were a size 6.5. I asked my mom what size she wore and she said 7-7.5. I said, "Bummer, because these sandals are totally cute! AND cloth toes!" (My mom hates thong sandals unless they have cloth toes.) She said they looked big, so she tried them on and they fit her! Yay! I told her I would buy them for her. Then she went on a mission to find something for her birthday party in a couple of weeks. She got a pink tank top and a sheer multi-colored top that was totally cute! It was about $20 or so for both of them and I paid on my card, but my dad will be paying me back for them. I bought myself about $150 worth of stuff. I bought a new pair of tennis shoes because my everyday ones were worn out!!! I'm not even joking. I got some Sketchers that were like $35ish. Then I got two packs of socks (six pairs total), three camis with lace at the top and bottom, a gray cardigan sweater, and two dresses that I should be able to wear with tights and my black calf-high boots. WOOT!

As we were leaving Fashion Bug, I noticed a girl laying on the ground outside of the Dollar Tree (they're in a strip mall and right next to each other). She was laying flat... no awkward position or anything with her legs straight out in front of her and her arms by her sides. I could tell that she was breathing, but she was just laying there. I asked Mom if we should check on her. Mom said she didn't know. At that point the girl moved her leg and she kind of crossed her right one over her left and bent her back that way. We both thought maybe her back hurt so she laid down to stretch or something. I wasn't comfortable leaving so I asked Mom again if we should check on her, and at that point a guy and his family came out of the Dollar Tree. He walked over to her and shook her and she didn't respond. So he ran inside to get another employee of the Dollar Tree. They kept trying to get her to respond and she wouldn't, so the guy was like, "Elevate her legs" and his two kids each picked up a leg and held them up. At that point she started to stir, and a crowd had formed around her so we decided they had enough help and left.

We decided to go eat dinner at Ruby Tuesday. It was in the same strip mall area. Our seat faced the same strip mall we were just in. We had just ordered our drinks when and ambulance went into the strip mall. I hope the girl is okay! (Oh, and another reason we assumed she was okay is because there was a guy sitting in a van and the girl was laying on the ground RIGHT IN FRONT of him. We figured if she fell or something he would have done something, but apparently not...) Anyway, so Mom and I ordered. I wasn't feeling really hungry for some reason so I decided to just get a salad bar and some soup. Mom ordered blacked tilapia which sounded good, but like I said, I wasn't hungry. I got a pretty decent sized salad, a little bit of pasta salad, a little bit of potato salad, and a little bit of fruit salad (probably 1.5 cups of regular salad and 1/4 of a cup of each of the others). My soup came and I had ordered the broccoli and cheese soup. It was delicious. We also each got two of their garlic cheddar biscuits. Yummy!

By the time we got back to their house, it was around 8:30. I hadn't let my dog out after work so I was ready to get home, but I also wasn't ready to get back in the car to drive home. So I sat at their house for about 20 minutes and then headed home. When I got here (a little after 9), I was too anxious to take my Prozac because all day I had read the possible side effects and had freaked myself out. My doctor had also told me that I would more than likely feel like I had a weird cross between a stomach flu and the regular flu for a week or two. Yikes! So, I got online and talked to my friend Jo who is a nurse. She basically told me that I would be okay and even if I had bad side effects they would pass, etc. Finally at like 10:30, I decided to just take the Prozac and go to bed, so I did.

I slept pretty solid until about 5:30 when I woke up with some stomach discomfort, an achy upper back, and weak feeling arms. I used the restroom and went back to bed. I woke up for the day around 9 or so, but I laid in bed for about half an hour before getting up. Then I made breakfast because I was hungry. I had two eggs, a piece of lightly-buttered wheat toast, and an apple for breakfast. While I was eating, I watched an episode of Doctor Who. When that ended I text my mom because I was supposed to go with her to my Uncle Charlie's campground if my dad couldn't go. She said she had to talk to my dad first. She called a couple of minutes later and said Dad couldn't go and I was more than welcome, but she wanted me to be at her house by 12:30. It was about 11:15 at this point in time, I needed to shower still and go put gas in my car before I drove to her house again... It takes me 45 minutes to get ready from start to finish and 15-20 minutes to drive to my parents' house. So, I rushed through gathering some clothes and then I balanced my checkbook really quickly (to see how much money I had for gas). I hopped in the shower and when I was getting dressed, I realized my underwear had a rip in them so I had to go on a mission for another pair. Haha. When I was done getting ready, I was trying to put on my new shoes and realized they weren't laced right so I had to relace them. Needless to say, it was about 12:45 by the time I got to my parents'. We gathered everything up and hit the road. It was about an hour drive to the campground.

When we got there, Uncle Charlie wanted us to go on a "hike" to the lake. It was literally about 100 yards and Hailey was walking so slow that my heart rate didn't go up at all. The lake was beautiful though!!! Then we went back to the campground and Uncle Charlie started getting the fryer ready to make the turkey. When it was ready, he brought out the turkey to prepare it. It's interesting watching someone prepare a turkey for frying. Haha. He had to blot off all of juices from the inside and outside of the turkey. Then they injected it with some yummy flavorings. After that they rubbed it down with a spice rub, and slowly lowered it into the hot peanut oil. It was amazing how quickly it smelled like turkey out there! While we were waiting on the turkey to cook, my mom and I took Hailey on a walk around the campground. We had a bad storm go through our area about a month ago and the playground got damaged by a falling tree. Hailey kept wanting to go on the playground, but she couldn't because there was caution tape up. A two year old doesn't understand why she can't play on the playground when she can see it! Around 4:30 we finally got to eat. Oh my gosh... fried turkey is delicious! I had a pretty good serving of that, some of my mom's homemade potato salad (world's best as my dad's cousin Tim calls it), some grape salad, a few potato chips, some green beans and baked beans, and a few reduced fat Chips Ahoy cookies. We sat around and talked and whatnot until about 6 and then we headed home.

We got back to my parents' house a little after 7. It took a little longer than we thought it would because we were driving directly into the sun most of the way back.

My mom and I couldn't see anything at some times. It was horrible! We got back there and my dad got there shortly after. Then we sat around and talked for a while. Around 8, they headed to my dad's ex-coworker's house for his wife's birthday and I headed home. I got home around 8:30 and was ready for bed, but didn't want to go to bed at 8:30 on a Saturday night. LOL So I surfed some things on my Kindle Fire. I ended up getting up to take my medication at 9ish and then went back to bed. I went to sleep around 9:30 or so. I didn't sleep well though. I tossed and turned after about 3 am. I think it has something to do with the medication. I read that inability to sleep is a side effect. I'm not sure...

Anyway, I got up this morning around 8, officially got out of bed at 9, got myself an apple to eat, and here I am... at the computer. I decided to write this entry before I start to come up with a grocery list... Anyone got any good sites for healthy budget-friendly recipes???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!