Saturday, September 29, 2012

Relaxation

Today was a good day. I got up and watched some shows that were on my DVR. My boyfriend was off work all week (he works seconds) and so he was messing with my TV watching... not that I didn't want him home. It was nice. :) Then we showered and got ready and went out to his parents' house. Annually, they have a weenie roast and the invite different people each time. This year it was me, my boyfriend, his brother, his sister-in-law, the boyfriend's best friend (who lived with my boyfriend and his parents for a while during high school) and wife, and his parents... oh and two dogs. :) We sat around this beautiful fire:




and talked about a wide variety of things. We ate a lot of food including hot dogs, baked beans, pasta salad, potato salad, chili, steamed edamame, buffalo chicken dip, potato chips, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bars, brownies, and rice krispy treats. His mom even made sure we all had our favorite alcoholic beverages (I asked my pharmacist who said it was okay to have a drink or two on occasion with my Prozac) and I had two Amaretto Stone Sours. I didn't overstuff myself. I had a little bit of almost everything. I mostly enjoyed the conversation. I sat next to my boyfriend's sister-in-law who I absolutely adore. We chatted about a lot of things from hair styles to movies to books. She's just a great girl and I love her to death. His parents are usually in bed by 8 so I was surprised that we were there until about 9:45. That's very odd (except for Christmas Eve)...

All-in-all it was a great night and now I'm super sleepy and my bed is calling my name. Night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!