Friday, February 1, 2013

I'm a genie in a bottle, baby...

HAPPY ONE HUNDREDTH ENTRY TO ME!!!

Genie
Those of you who know me well know that television is my biggest vice. I enjoy watching TV and I watch a lot of it. We have DirecTV. I pay the bill. Our bill is right at $100 currently. The other day Matt and I were talking and he asked what it would take to get a Genie for our house. If you haven’t seen the commercials, a Genie is a special box that DirecTV has that lets you record or watch up to five shows at a time, you can schedule up to 100 series to record, and it has 1 terabyte of memory so it keeps a ton of shows! I emailed DirecTV and they said that I’m up for an equipment upgrade. I would have to pay for installation, but I would get the Genie box and another box so I can watch TV in my bedroom. My bill would stay the same every month, I’d just have to pay $148 for installation. I asked Matt if he’d pay for it and he said no. I’m contemplating doing it when I get my income tax return back. The only reason I’m considering it is because if I got the Genie, I could cancel my Hulu which is $7.99 a month. I wouldn’t need it… Decisions, decisions…

Treadmill
I checked the status of my income taxes yesterday. I was very surprised when it said: Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank on February 4, 2013. That’s Monday!!! I text my friend Pam who said she could come over after work on Tuesday and help me set up my treadmill. I text my dad who said that he would help me get it home from Walmart on Tuesday afternoon. SAH-weet!!! I’m so excited. LOL

Diet
My diet has gone to hell in a hand basket this week. I had pizza on Monday… We had our food day on Tuesday which I totally overate during. I had leftovers from our food day on Wednesday. Yesterday I had lasagna for lunch… and today I ate an entire foot long sub from Subway. Help! I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but I can’t stop eating unhealthy stuff! It’s ridiculous. I’m probably going to gain weight this week even though I’ve been to Curves so much. Sucks!

The Truth
A friend of mine from my church posted on Facebook within the last few days that her grandmother passed away. Of course I’m sorry for her loss… losing your grandmother is a sad thing. Her grandmother was a great lady. My first reaction was of course sympathy for her… This morning I woke up slightly angry (not at my friend) and jealous (of my friend)… not that she lost her grandmother, but because she got to be around her grandmother for so long. She got her grandmother for 25-26 years… mine passed away when I was 9. I only got 9 years with my grandma. That’s not long at all. I feel bad that I feel angry and jealous while my friend is grieving her loss, but I can’t help it. I am sad for my friend, don’t get me wrong, but why did she get her grandmother for that long while mine was ripped away at such a young age? I wonder how things would be different if my grandmother were still around. I may have been only 9 and it may be almost 19 years since she passed, but I still miss her a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!