Wednesday, February 13, 2013

No more...

Okay, so today begins Lent. I'm not Catholic... never have been nor will I ever be (nothing against the religion in the slightest), but ever since high school (when I met one of my best friends who is Catholic), I've always given up something for Lent. Last year it was soda, and I did amazing... Since I've not had one single ounce of soda since December 31st, it's kinda silly to try that again... So then I think, "What would be most beneficial to me to give up???" And I decided that I'm going to give up my self-sabotage and my self-depreciation... I hope to gain self-confidence and willpower. I don't know what the rules are to Lent, but since I'm not Catholic I guess it doesn't really matter. LOL

I'm going to follow my heart and try my damnedest to lose this weight that I have... Not only lose weight, but become healthy mind, body, and spirit. I said in my entry yesterday that I am my own worst enemy when it comes to weight loss. I found this saying and I think it fits well...


My walls are no more... or so I hope. :D I have a new attitude when it comes to my life... One I've never had before. I'm excited to begin this awesome journey.

Last night after work, I went to Curves. I did my first Curves Smart workout in over six months. It was torture, but I made it through and felt so good once I got done. I got home and did a 15 minute treadmill workout at 3.0 mph. Not very fast, but since I was already tired, I took it easy, but did my workout anyway. I felt awesome when it was done. 


Tonight I went out to dinner with my friend Megan. I haven't seen her in a lot, long time... like two months, but that's forever for us. LOL We went out for dinner and ate Mexican. I got a chicken fajita quesadilla which really isn't too terrible for you... but then I got a cheese dip, ate some chips, and had an horchata to drink. I was about 1600 calories over my daily total... OH! Because we also had some frozen custard for dessert. ARG! I'm not giving up though and tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to go to Curves AND walk on my treadmill again. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!