Thursday, February 7, 2013

Long Entry with Pics and Videos

I've been meaning to write an entry for days, but just haven't had the time... I've been ridiculously busy after work. I don't like it! Work has also been busy so I haven't had the opportunity to write much there either...

Monday I got my tax return back. I didn't do a lot though... I ordered my treadmill and reserved my hotel room for Chicago. I went to Curves that night, but that's about it. Boring...

Tuesday on my lunch, my dad met me at Walmart to pick up my treadmill. We got it back to my house and then it was rather funny that my dad and I carried it in my house by ourselves! LOL When we got it in, he left. I checked my mail and I had gotten a CD I had ordered a week or so ago. YAY! I love the Brian Buckley Band... I popped that in my CD player in my car and ran through the car wash because my car was covered with road salt. I went back to work. After work, my friend Pam came over to help me put together my treadmill. She brought her dog (Harley) with her. My cat (Lucky) is used to my dog (Rusty), but hasn't met many other dogs. She FREAKED when Harley got here. She ran into our back room which is a back porch/laundry area. It's unfinished currently. When we got back there, this is what we saw:


She had scaled the wall and was stuck to it! Once she got up there, she couldn't figure out how to get down. It was funny, but not at the same time because she was crying and scared. She got too high and we couldn't reach her to help her down. My friend took this video (DISCLAIMER: She is crying rather loudly in this video):


Once she jumped to the clothes, we were able to get her down, but she was so scared for a couple of hours after that. Poor traumatized kitty!!!

Pam and I ate dinner after that and our dogs played:





They got along great! It made me happy. Harley (gray and white dog) was getting frustrated with Rusty (brown and white dog) because Rusty is so full of energy. LOL Harley's actually about a year younger than Rusty.

Pam and I put together the treadmill. Considering I've never built one and I didn't know what to expect, it wasn't too bad. We had a couple of mishaps, but it only took us about an hour and a half to put together. Here's the finished treadmill:


It looks great! I love it! Haha... Anyway, Pam left shortly after we finished putting it together... oh, only after she ran for a full minute at 10 mph. CRAZY GIRL! I made her laugh and she about fell. Haha... I went to bed shortly after she left because I was exhausted. I went into my room to see this:


He was passed out until I turned on the light... Haha. Tired boy!!!

Yesterday I got off work and went to Curves. I did my Curves Smart training... meaning setting up the computer to be my personal trainer. So exciting!!! When I got home, I did 15 minutes on the treadmill. My goal is to follow Hal Higdon's 5K Walking plan. The first day you're supposed to do 15 minutes. I was hot and tired and I'm out of shape, so I just did 15 minutes at 2.8 which is super slow. I hadn't walked in almost six months and even 2.8 seemed fast for some reason.


The time says 15:00, I'm not sure why it's not showing up in the picture, but I'm okay with that! LOL

Today I had every intention of going to Curves, but decided to put it off... this means I won't be able to go until Monday, but I'll be okay since I have my treadmill... I scheduled to have a DVR upgrade. We're going to get the Genie on Saturday. Those of you who've read me for a while know that I watch a lot of TV. It's my vice... I could be doing worse things like drugs or alcohol... Haha... I have a ton of television to watch before they get here Sunday morning to replace my DVR. Exciting!

Oh, and of course, since I washed my car on Tuesday, I walked out of work to this:


Of course... LOL We don't really need rain right now... Where was this rain when we were in a severe drought this summer??? Haha...

Okay, this is long and rambling enough. I'm going to go. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!