Friday, July 6, 2012

M.I.A.

I've been a little MIA lately and I apologize for that. My weight has hovered around 225 since the last time I posted a weigh in. I'll have to go back and look for my weigh ins via MyFitnessPal so I can update my weigh in log. Ugh. I really need to get back on track with my diet AND exercise.

I think I'm going to change my "Telling ED No!" entries to just once a week... maybe on Sundays because I usually don't post on Sundays. We'll see...

Anyway, I've had a lot of ups and downs in the last few weeks, but right now I'm just dwelling on the down. On Sunday my brother's best friend drowned on our local lake. He was just 25 years old. I have no idea how he drowned. This is the story as I understand it:

Jesse (my brother's friend) and his mom (Page), his step-brother, and a couple of his nephews were at the lake swimming. Page had bought a new raft for the little ones to play on. Jesse and his step-brother were rough housing around with the raft and it got away. They both went after it. His brother was on the front pulling it in and Jesse was on the back hanging on... and then he wasn't. They thought he was just joking around and would resurface somewhere or grab on of their legs from under the water. They started getting panicked and called for help. It took the dive team about four hours to find his body.

I've heard from my mother that he had been roofing before. He didn't get off work until 2 pm and by 2:30, he was missing. I also heard that he was intoxicated at the time of his drowning... I'm guessing that means he was drinking while roofing... Even when he was completely wasted, Jesse was a good swimmer. I can't imagine how he could have drowned.

Last night was his funeral. It was about like you'd expect the funeral for a 25 year old to be... I got off work at 5 and headed home. My stomach was in knots so I didn’t eat much of my dinner... maybe half a piece of Buffalo Chicken Mac. I worked on my Supernatural fan site for a little bit and then around 5:45, I changed and refreshed my deodorant, body spray, makeup and hair. I left my house at 6 and headed to my parents’. Around 6:30 we all headed to his funeral. We were literally 5-10 minutes from the funeral home. We got there and went inside. They had pictures set up along the walk from the entrance to the casket. We looked at the pictures on the way to the front. Towards the casket, they had the sign in book and a TV playing a slideshow of more pictures. We got to the casket, and I tried not to really look at him because I didn’t want to cry. I got to Page and she gave me a great big hug and didn’t want to let go. I let her hug me as long as she wanted to… I started to tear up a bit. My cousin's husband was behind me and he was definitely teary eyed and he told Page that he and Jesse were real good buddies and that choked me up a little bit. We went back towards the back of the viewing room and found a group of open seats and sat there. My brother wasn’t any where around. He had been there, but had already left to go smoke or something. He came in around 7:15 ish and his face was all puffy from crying. He sat down in our group of seats and started crying immediately. I looked away just because it hurt me to see him so sad and I didn’t want to cry because once I started I wouldn’t stop. We sat around talking and stuff until 8 when the funeral started. It was a nice funeral… it lasted a long time though. By the time we got back to my parents’ it was after 9. My dad and my cousin's husband each had a beer and before they drank them, they raised them up and said “This is for Jesse!” Then we sat around telling some stories about him… Around 10, we all left… I got home around 10:20 and was starving! I ate the rest of my piece of Buffalo Chicken Mac, got my clothes ready for today and went to bed… SUCH A DRAINING DAY!


R.I.P. Jesse
February 7, 1987 - July 1, 2012
You will be missed!!!



Man drowns at Lake M--
A twenty five year old man is dead after drowning at Lake M-- Sunday afternoon. Investigators say it happened at an area known as M-- beach.

Divers found his body at about 8:00p.m. after searching for his body for about four hours. Investigators aren't releasing his name but family members at the scene tell us that the victim was Jesse S-- of W--.

Fire fighter were called out around 2:30 this afternoon about a possible drowning. The N-- fire chief says that's when several fire fighters and bystanders formed a human chain by holding hands. They then walked as far into the water before it got too deep but found nothing. Dive teams from S-- and C-- County were called in. Conservation police were there as well using sonar equipment. Crews then found the body not too far from where he went missing. They are still trying to figure out why he drowned.

"I don't know what the causes of drowning was, just the individual seemed to go under the water. We'd only be able to speculate as to what happened," said Mike M-- of the S-- County Sheriff's Office.

Investigators say the victim's family was with him at the time. An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.

*** I found out after posting this elsewhere, that the "family members" who told the reporter who the victim was happened to be my dad. He said they went to the lake to see if they had found Jesse's body and the reporter said they had. Then they asked my dad if he knew who the victim was, his age, and what town he was from. My dad answered those questions. then they asked him if they could interview him and he said he'd rather they not and left. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!