Monday, July 23, 2012

Sunshine Blogger Award

One of my favorite bloggers (Marcia at Minus One Hundred) nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award:



Here are the rules:
1. Include the award log either in your acceptance post or somewhere on your blog.
2. Answer 10 Questions about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 10-12 other deserving bloggers.
4. Add a link on your post to all the talented winners and comment on their page to let them know they've been deemed amazing.
5. Thank the brilliant soul that recognized your talent and bestowed this wonderful award on you... and of course link back to them as well. 

Now, for the questions:

1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
I would like to feel more... I guess the word I'm looking for is outgoing. I'm shy when I first meet people. I don't like to start conversations. I don't like to be turned down so I also don't make a lot of plans with people I don't know well. We've lived in the same house for three years now and I've barely spoken to the girl who lives across the street who is probably about the same age as me. I don't know why I've always been so shy. I'm totally not that way once you get to know me, but until you make the first move, I don't really talk to you. *shrugs*

2. What is your theme song?
The first song that comes to mind is I Am Human by the Brian Buckley Band. Most people don't even know who BBB is, but they're one of my favorite bands. Here are the lyrics from the song:

Don't you take me too seriously
Cause one day I will be back around
One day I will be back around
Don't you interest yourself in the things you cannot change
Cause one day I will be back around
One day I won't be lost, I won't be found
I am human and I will let you down
Don't you marvel at the mountains just to question the good Lord why
Cause one day I will speak my goodbye
One day we will speak our goodbye
One day I won't run, I won't hide
I am human
I am human
And I will let you down
I think it's funny that we say that
When things don't seem to want to go our way 

I don't know... you kind of have to hear it... it just touches me in a special way. I feel like it sends the message that to err is human and that's perfectly okay... which it is... and I am definitely human.

3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc., that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain.
I don't particularly want to write about the #1 part that I would like to surgically remove so I'll go to another... I would like to remove the death of my friend Chuck. He was a really good friend of mine. My mother was a huge fan of his and would always say, "Crystal, you should marry Chuck. He's good people." And I'd say, "But, Mom... it's CHUCK" as if that would explain it. I officially became friends with Chuck in high school. We were both part of the JROTC (Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps) course in school. We were in the same grade. He joined the Army and was deployed almost directly after high school. We got news that he was killed in Tikrit, Iraq on August 25, 2004. It doesn't seem like it's been almost eight years since his death. R.I.P. Chuck... I miss you.

4.  What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
I think I would have to say the 1960s... This is mostly because I love the show Mad Men and I'm always in awe at the dresses the women wear on that show...

5.  What was your favorite Childhood Toy?
Well, I had a big white floppy eared bunny that I called Sleepy, but I don't think he was really my favorite. I think my favorite was my Jamie Pies doll. She smelled so good. Mom likes to tell me all the time that I puked on her a few times. A couple of years ago, I came across her in my closet at my parents' house. She still smelled good. :) Makes me want to snuggle with her. LOL

6.  What is your favorite housecleaning chore?
I like organizing things. I usually hate cleaning the mess up afterwards, but I like taking everything off a shelf and putting it back neatly. I rearrange the books on my bookshelves often just because I think of a better idea of how to do it... I'm not a fan of any of the usual household chores. I don't like doing dishes, dusting, vacuuming, laundry, cleaning the bathroom, etc... I'd rather organize something. :)

7.  Do you twitter?
I have a twitter account... three actually... one for this blog (@MissElephantine), one for personal and television related postings (@SuperWhoLocked3) and one for my Supernatural fan site (@SPN_Fandom). :) I don't post a lot though. Just saying.

8.  Any goals?
I would like to eventually be able to run. I think because the shape my knees are currently in, it will take a while before I can run without hurting myself, but I'm willing to work up to it. I would also like to get down to 160 again. :)

9.  Do you drink margaritas all the time?
Not usually. I have one every now and again at my in-laws house.

10.  What's the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
I'm not sure that I've ever driven anything that I was embarrassed to be seen in. I'm not even sure that I've really ridden in anything that I was embarrassed to be seen in... except maybe the school bus. Haha.

The 10 blogs I'm tagging, in alphabetical order, are:
Airing My Dirty Laundry
The Boring Runner
Carly Shrinks
Dropping the Plus from My Size
Endomondo Road
Figuring it Out
Let's Just Build a House!
Minus One Hundred
Runs for Cookies
Skinny Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!