Sunday, July 22, 2012

Telling ED No! - Reflections #7

I'm reading a self-help book called "Telling ED No!". It's basically a book that helps you work through your thoughts as to why you have disordered eating. I definitely do. At the end of each chapter, there are reflection questions which help you overcome your eating disorder. I am going to post those here.


Self judgement is harsh but seems to go hand in hand with Ed. When and if you find that you're judging yourself, which of the following tools might you use to work through the negative thoughts: affirmations, journaling chatting with supports, drawing? To see yourself in a positive, nonjudgmental light, write three positive statements about yourself.

1.) I believe that I am a good friend. I only have a few friends whom I would consider great friend, but I feel that I am there for them when they need me. I feel like that is a good personality trait to have and I'm glad that I FEEL like I am a good friend.

2.) Even though I am greatly overweight, I like the way my face/head looks. Yes, it could be a bit thinner, but I like my hair and my eyes and my nose and mouth. I like the symmetry of it. This is one of my favorite things about myself.

3.) I am very imaginative. Sometimes I have dreams so vivid and strange that I wake up saying, "Where did that come from?!?" Other times I have dreams that are like movies. I love to write and, because of one of these dreams (and the help of my cousin Heather), I am currently writing a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!