Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And so it begins...

I started my training for my 5K yesterday. My first "task" was to walk 1.5 miles. I have a gym buddy and she's been having some personal issues lately. She doesn't always go to the gym with me because of this. I sent her a text yesterday around 4:30 in the afternoon that pretty much said that I was going to the gym around 6 if she wanted to meet me there. She didn't show, but I went in anyway. My gym uses Wal-mart gift cards for their door access. They program this scanner to unlock the door if the gift card is programmed to unlock it. Anyway, the gym door HATES me. I swiped it probably half a dozen times before it beeped saying the door unlocked. Then you have to pull the door towards you before you push it open. I had the hardest time getting in! There's this lady who is a personal trainer at my gym. She was there with a client and when I got in she said, "You have to hold your mouth just right to get in..." LOL I was kind of embarrassed... I got on a treadmill, put in my earbuds, turned on Pandora and got to walking. My results:


Not too bad for my first task. Haha. Oh! And as you can see, I got my new heart rate monitor. I love it so far! :) Makes me happy and I've only used it the one day. I think my chest strap was a little too tight yesterday, but I got through. :)

I have a dentist appointment after work today so I'm not sure if I'm going to the gym. I really want to... I've already got that addicted-to-the-endorphins feeling I get after going to the gym regularly for a little bit. I need to do the dishes and make dinner. I think I'm going to attempt to do the dishes on my lunch and then if my dentist appointment doesn't last too long, I can go for a quick trip to the gym. My gym buddy just text me and said her phone died yesterday and she had to get a new one today. Then she asked if I was up for the gym. I am! I am!!! I can't wait to go back. LOL Hopefully my dentist office can do my cleaning quick so I can get to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!