Saturday, May 5, 2012

Trying Something New

I didn't come back last night like I said I would... Sorry! I was so exhausted after my long week that I decided to just watch my television shows that night and go to bed early. I'm here now though and that's what counts!

Remember me saying something about how the Curves Smart system was down at Curves? It's still down. It's been down for two weeks now. The hard drive on the computer completely fried... all data was lost. The owner of my club got the computer up and running, but she's having issues getting Curves Smart up and running. When she does, every single member will have to be retested for the program. This could take a while!!! I'm hoping I can be tested early on. I miss Curves Smart! I miss walking out of Curves so sweaty and knowing that I had an amazing workout. I try to do my hardest, but without the computer system telling me how hard to work, I don't know if I'm actually doing it or not. According to the manager, the system should be back up and running next week... OH!!! And I found out that the week of May 14th, Curves Circuit with Zumba is returning to Tuesday nights. This makes my day! I loved Curves with Zumba!!! Can't wait to strap on my HRM and see how many calories I can burn once a week doing that. :)

I completed week one of my mashed up Hal Higdon's Novice Walk/Run 5K program. I'm feeling rather good. I went to the gym twice without my gym partner. I'm proud of that! Normally if she didn't go, I wouldn't go, but I'm the one who signed up for a 5K. I have to go!!! I tried something new last night. Normally my pace is all over the place because I try to go fast and then can't make it or whatever... Well this is what I did yesterday:


1/4 mile at 3.0
1/4 mile at 3.2
1/4 mile at 3.4
1/4 mile at 3.6
1/4 mile at 3.3
1/4 mile at 3.0
I finished my scheduled 1.5 miles in 28 minutes exactly. I wanted to see how that works and it worked great! My heart rate didn't get really high, so I think I'm going to have to slightly modify how I did it. But my plan for my 2 mile walk on Monday is like this:
1/4 mile at 3.0
1/4 mile at 3.2
1/4 mile at 3.4
1/4 mile at 3.6
1/4 mile at 3.8
1/4 mile at 3.5
1/4 mile at 3.3
1/4 mile at 3.0
I'm so out of shape that walking at 3.6 for a quarter of a mile hurt me, so I'm hoping I can do the 3.8. According to my schedule, I have to at least walk 2 miles on Monday and Friday and 2.5 miles on Wednesday. I'm hoping to go to the gym more than that though. I would like to attempt jogging before I need to for my training. I also am going to be going to get a knee brace to wear. I thought by taking it slow I could get by without it, but at this point in time, I'm thinking I can't. 
Okay, well, I need to go eat some breakfast, take my morning meds, and get out of this computer chair. Have a fantastic Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!