Monday, April 30, 2012

Calorie Confusion

Calorie confusion doesn't only confuse my body... it confuses me as well. If you don't know what calorie confusion is, it's basically when you stick to a certain amount of calories each day for an extended period of time. Then one day, you eat well above your normal allotment of calories. Your body becomes confused and burns off more calories than usual... Here is my example:

I usually eat about 1400 to 1600 calories daily if I only workout at Curves. This increases by no more than 200 calories on the high end (so 1400 to 1800 calories daily) if I work out at both the gym and Curves. These numbers were given to me by my doctor. I have been sticking under my calorie "cap" for the day (the highest number of calories allowed to me) for the past two weeks. I only had a couple of days where I was over, and this wasn't by very many calories.

Yesterday I splurged... I wouldn't call it a binge because I knowingly ate what I wanted and wasn't out of control. I just ate a lot... Here is roughly my calories eaten yesterday...

1 bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Penne and Veggies in Alfredo Sauce - 520 calories
2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches  (natural pb/grapejelly/wheat bread) - 810 calories
1 hamburger patty with 1/2 slice of cheese and a drizzle of ketchup (no bun) - 140 calories
1 hye roller (ham, turkey, roast beef, lettuce, colby jack cheese) - 610 calories
4 popsicles - 200 calories
1 sundae cone - 190 calories
TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED = 2470

This is a hye roller, if you weren't aware:


So, I had 1200 more than my daily allowed. I was sure that I would see a gain today. I was extremely hesitant when I stepped on the scale this morning to see what damage I did yesterday. Imagine my surprise when the scale said I was actually down 2.6 pounds since last Friday. Awesome!!!

See, the past couple of times I've attempted dieting, I never strictly follow any kind of plan. Then when I have a day where I eat more than usual, like yesterday, I gained weight instead of lost it. This time around, I've been very dedicated. That's a good sign. I've been eating my daily allotment of calories and usually no more or very few more if I do... I've been working out regularly. I just feel so good this time around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!