Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Week + The Illinois Marathon

I sat down at my computer last night to type out an entry... I didn't post yesterday at all. It was really late (after 10 pm) when I went to write my entry. I knew that if I wrote it then, it would be short and not very interesting so, I made an executive decision to write my entry today.

Yesterday was my weigh in day. I was down 3.6 pounds from last week! Woohoo! This dieting and exercise thing really does work. Haha. I think my metabolism is getting a little better or something because I overate by about 400 calories last night and still managed to drop 0.4 of a pound since yesterday. I know, weighing in daily isn't advisable, but it keeps me in check. If I gain, I know I need to be more strict. If I lose, it makes me want to eat better. In all honesty, when I stepped on the scale this morning I was thinking, "If my weight is down, or even the same, I'm going to get something delicious and unhealthy for breakfast." My weight was down, but that motivated me to be good. I was going to go get something like a Frisco Breakfast Sandwich from Hardee's. That is one of my ultimate breakfast foods. LOVE IT! If I were to go get one of those, however, it wouldn't be one... it would be two. One just doesn't satisfy my greasy breakfast food craving. After thinking it over, I made a decision to try to stay good, and even if I was going to "eat out" for breakfast, I could pick something remotely healthy. So I chose to go to McDonald's and get a sugar-free vanilla iced coffee and an Egg McMuffin. Yes, it was 420 calories for breakfast, but if I got what I was planning (the two sandwiches, hash rounds, and diet soda from Hardee's), I would have eaten 1110 calories! I'm getting this. :) I also bought a Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait that I will be eating soon as my morning snack. I love those things!!!

Exercise wise, I believe I did good this past week. I went to Curves Tuesday through Friday. Granted, the computer for the Curves Smart program crashed so I didn't have the machines telling me how hard to work... or the computer telling me how many calories I burned at the end. I still worked out hard and turned bright red and sweated like a pig. I logged my calories burned as 300 for each 30 minute workout. However, I usually burn more than 300 even on the days when I'm really slacking. I figure that I underestimated my calories burned at least by some... On Thursday, I went to the gym with my friend. She recently had to walk really far in some uncomfortable shoes and ended up with blisters all over her feet. She thought she was ready to go back to the gym, but it turns out she wasn't. I wanted to get in at least 1.5 miles on the treadmill. I walked it in about 25-30 minutes thereabouts. I'm pretty okay with that, but I don't know how I'm going to run a 5K. LOL I guess time will tell. :)

My plan for this week is to go to Curves Monday and then on Wednesday through Friday. I have a dentist appointment on Tuesday after work to get my teeth cleaned. I never know how long that's going to take, so I imagine I won't be working out on Tuesday. I also have to hit the gym (or walk outside) for 1.5 miles on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Rock on! I'm excited to begin my 5K training.

Apparently, there is an annual marathon in Illinois. It's actually taking place today. One of my goals is to be able to run a marathon before I'm 30. I would love to run in the Illinois marathon. That gives me right around two years to get marathon ready if I want to run this race before I'm 30. :) Awesome.

HOLY CRAP!!! The winners of the Illinois marathon were just posted. The first male crossed the finish line at 2:22:46 - that's an average of 5:27 for each mile!!! The first male crossed the finish line at 2:43:52 - that's an average of 6:15 for each mile!!! Holy schnikes, Batman!!! That's some fricken endurance. LOL I can't even imagine running 26.2 miles... let alone at 5:27/6:15 average per mile. Wowza.

Okay, I'm going to go for a while... Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!