Friday, June 15, 2012

Making a Wager

My mom and I are very competitive people. If you weren't aware, I work with her... Yesterday at work she asked me if I wanted to put my money where my mouth is... almost literally. We came up with a competition... the participants are just my mom, a good friend, and me. There is HUGE trust going into this because everything banks on all of us being accurate and truthful in our postings. This is how it's going to work:

Each day, we all have to log our calories into MyFitnessPal... I will be keeping track of the net calories consumed by each of us each day in a little spreadsheet I made. If you didn't know, net calories are the calories you consume minus the calories you earn from workouts. The person with the fewest net calories each day wins $1 from each of the other competitors. If for some reason one of us shouldn't log our calories (let's say we're going on vacation or something and don't have the time) that person automatically loses for that day... We all are also aware of the fact that, medically speaking, we shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories each day. Just to put that out there. We're not going to starve ourselves to win this money...

Also, at the beginning and end of each month, we'll weigh in. The person who lost the biggest percentage of their body weight will also win $5 from each of the other competitors. The most we could lose in one month is $36... the most we could win in one month is $72. Pretty good deal there!!! :) We're starting all of this on Monday. I'm pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!