Monday, January 21, 2013

Binge Eating VS Food Addiction + Other Stuff

Binge Eating VS Food Addiction 
On October 16th, I was officially diagnosed as having a compulsive overeating disorder. This disorder would lead to huge binge eating episodes. It made me feel so out of control of myself. After a binge, I would feel disgusted and sick... not only physically, but mentally… After being diagnosed, my doctor prescribed me a low dose of Prozac. She told me that it was up to me whether or not I took the medication, but she would highly recommend it. After discussing my options with family and friends, I decided to bite the bullet and try it.

Now I am 97 days binge free. I feel better about myself because I’m not having binge episodes. However, the Prozac does not help with my food addiction. My weight has not really gone down in the past 97 days. I’m down 6 pounds from my highest weight… The reason my weight isn’t going down is because I’m still eating unhealthy foods. I think that once I’m not broke all the time eating healthy will be easier. I’ll have my own money to buy healthy things that I like… That’s going to be about a month from now. Hurry up time! Haha…

Nutrition Classes 
Several months back, I signed up for some nutrition classes online. Two of them start this week and I am so excited! They’re called: Fundamentals of Human Nutrition and Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. Sounds like two awesome classes to me. One starts tomorrow and the other one starts… well, crap… now I think the second one starts next week on Monday. That’s okay though. I’ve never taken a nutrition class and I really hope it helps me make better decisions about my eating.

Curves 
I am so excited! I’m going back to Curves tonight. I love that I’m excited about it. I usually dread going to the gym, but I love my Curves ladies. I’ve been on financial hold since July or August, I believe… I’m not 100% sure. I’ve missed Curves. I know that the staff has changed a lot since then. There are two people I’ve spoken to in the last week that I don’t know. That makes me sad… but I’m still happy to go back!
I made a mistake though. I signed up to do a virtual 5K this Friday. I signed up a long time ago and forgot the date. Now I’m not a member of a gym other than Curves and I don’t have a treadmill at home anymore. It’s freezing out so I don’t want to walk outside. I might go to the mall or Walmart or something and walk there… *shrugs* Unless I can find someone I know with a treadmill that would let me use it… Haha!

TMI Stuff 
So, I went off my birth control after my last month of pills. If I was still on the pill, my period would be this coming weekend. I’ve been crampy all day, but no period yet. I’m not sure when it’s coming. I read on websites that usually it takes 6-8 weeks to get your first period after going off of birth control, but it can take shorter or longer than that. I don’t want to be stuck wearing panty liners or pads for several weeks for fear my period might come. *sigh*

Giveaway 
Don’t forget that I’m hosting a giveaway. Winner will be announced Friday at midnight! So far only a couple of people have entered. It’s a really cool product! Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I don't necessarily think I am a binger....but I am definitely an over-eater. For breakfast, a bagel with butter and jelly and 2 packets of oatmeal. Then I skip lunch (though breakfast was around 1100) and for supper? I order Domino's. I get a medium pizza (which I haven't touched), the lava cakes (which I ate both of) and an oven baked sandwich (I ate completely). And the pizza smells so damn good I'm contemplating having a piece! Ugh. But I put it away for the night.

    ReplyDelete

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!