Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 New Year's Resolutions

Health Related:
  1. No unhealthy fast food. If I need to eat out, I can eat something healthy out. Like a grilled chicken salad with my own low-fat dressing from McDonald’s or a six inch sub sandwich from Subway with no mayo or cheese.
  2. No soda and limited caffeine. I am a soda fiend and I need to stop. No soda… no diet soda… no soda at all. This is going to be hard… especially because I use Sprite for an upset stomach and I have an upset stomach a lot. Any non-soda remedies for an upset stomach? Also, limited amounts of caffeinated tea and coffee.
  3. Use my gym memberships. I really need to start using my gym memberships. My plan is to go to the YMCA before work. If I can get there by 6 am, I can do a 45 minute cardio workout before work. Then after work I can go to Curves and do a 30 minute strength training workout.
  4. Log all calories all year. I am horrible at logging my calories. I have a bad day and then don’t log anything when I should log every day possible.
  5. Do at least three 5Ks. I did my first 5K this year and enjoyed it. I would like to continue to do 5Ks throughout the year.
Non-Health Related:
  1. Put at least $25 from each paycheck into my savings account. I spend too much money on frivolous things each paycheck. $25 is one meal out each week. If I don’t eat out just two meals every two weeks, I could save $650 in the year 2013.
  2. Finish one of my novels. I have three novels in the works… and a short story. I would like to finish the short story and one of my novels. I need to spend more time with my writing.
  3. Read at least 24 books.
  4. Pay off all of my credit card debt leaving only my two loans open. I am tired of paying tons of money each month to credit card companies. I also would like to start saving some money which is incredibly hard when you’re paycheck to paycheck paying off old debts. I should be able to be fully out of debt by early to mid-year if I stick to my budget.
  5. Spend more time with family and friends. I tend to be a bit of a homebody. I don’t go out often with my friends and I have been slacking on visiting with my family. I would like to see them more often instead of sitting at home watching television or using the computer.

2 comments:

  1. I love your goals and they sound much like what I want to accomplish every day!

    Here's to a happy, healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Don't give up! :)

    ReplyDelete

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!