Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just What I Needed

I'm feeling a bit defeated by weight loss currently. I believe that it's mostly because of the fact that I haven't been exercising. I always feel more confident about weight loss when I'm exercising regularly... I was emailing with my cousin about how frustrating dieting makes me and when I logged onto Facebook, I saw this:

Jillian Michaels: Tip for the day: STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP. Give yourself a break will you. All masters started out as students. You can’t be amazing at something over night. It takes time and patience. The same goes for exercise. Don’t have unrealistic expectations from yourself like running 3 miles next week. Instead, take the time to learn the basics: Proper form for each exercise, build muscle memory, build up your endurance and cardiovascular strength. Remember, Rome was not built in a day and neither is a healthy body.

Amen, sister. This was just what I needed to hear see. This status of hers made me reevaluate everything and stop... well, beating myself up about weight loss... It also helped instill in me another round of fighting this obesity that I'm struggling with.


My boyfriend pays for our groceries, but I pick them up. I think that I'm going to look into sales at Aldi, our local grocery store, and Walmart and make a list of healthy things I need to get from each location. Usually I just shop at Walmart because it's quick and easy, but I feel like I could get more groceries for the money if I split it up some... also get healthier groceries... We need healthy groceries. I need to stop buying foods that cause triggers in me... foods that make me binge. Big bags of Malt-o-meal cereals are the worst... Maybe I'll just buy a box or two of healthy cereals and not sugary, binge-worthy ones. *shrugs* I've already started working on a list and I doubt I go get groceries until this weekend, but I want to be in the right frame of mind...

Oh, speaking of food. I signed up to do Foodie Penpals. It sounds like a blast. You have until the 4th of each month to sign up. Then on the 5th, you're given a person's name and email address. You email them and find out their likes, dislikes, allergies, etc when it comes to food. Then you send them a box of food. The spending limit is $15. The food box has to be mailed by the 15th of the month. Then the recipient has to write a blog entry about it. Sounds like a bunch of fun to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!