Tuesday, August 14, 2012

50 Questions

I was trying to figure out a way to allow my readers to get to know me better. I write a lot about dieting and weight loss (or lack thereof), but never about me. I decided to search for something to help with this. I typed "getting to know you blog prompts" into Google. I found a site with "50 Questions to Get to Know Someone". Those questions are posted below and I have answered them honestly. Enjoy.

Favorites Questions:

  1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
    As a kid, I always wanted my mom to make her homemade cheesy potato soup... I still love that soup as an adult, but don't get it as often. :)
  2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
    I don't have an iPod, but I do play a lot of music on my cell. I would have to say, the #1 most played song is As If by the Brian Buckley Band. Love that song!!!
  3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
    This comes as a lyric from one of my favorite musicals - Rent - "There's only us. There's only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."
  4. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
    Swimming. I absolutely love swimming. Whether it be indoor or outdoor, I really don't care. When I was a kid (probably 12 or so), I was on the swim team at the YMCA for a couple of years. I was never amazing at it, but I was good and I was dedicated. I remember one time we did a fundraiser where we went around and asked people for pledges (i.e. 50¢ per lap swam or $1 per lap swam, etc). I was resilient and I ended up pulling in the most money for our fundraiser. They awarded me with a cool package of a beach towel, some sunscreen, and an official team parka with my name on it. Score!
  5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
    Above all, I hate doing dishes. This is disgusting, but I let them pile up until they start to stink, and then I wash them. My boyfriend and I both hate doing dishes, but if it were up to him, we'd just throw away all dirty dishes and never do them. This is why we live off of disposable dinnerware usually.
  6. What is your favorite form of exercise?
    This kind of goes along with #4, but swimming. I love that, for example, my dad can take me out on a boat ride and stop in 18 foot deep water. I jump off and float around (which requires a lot of treading water) and burn a crap ton of calories while having fun. Swimming rocks!
  7. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
    My favorite time of day would have to be early evening. I enjoy getting off work and spending some time alone... unwinding, eating dinner, watching some TV. Love it! My favorite time of the week is usually the ending... because that means the weekend is near!!! Work-wise though, the end of my week is busier than the beginning... and month-wise, I like the beginnings of the month. I don't know why. Just do!
  8. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
    Hmmm... Least favorite? Probably walking. Haha. I know it's good exercise, but it seems like it takes forever to get anywhere. I'm too impatient.
  9. What is your favorite body part?
    On me??? Probably my upper back. No matter how chunky I get, I think I have a nice upper back and shoulders. Hence the reason why I got a tattoo on my shoulder blade... to show it off! :)
  10. What sound do you love?
    Rain. For sure. I love the way it sounds when there's a nice thunderstorm outside. I sleep so well... as long as it's not going to be severe... but thunderstorms are so relaxing! I also love my niece's laugh. She's 2.5 and her giggle is just so adorable!
If… Questions:
  1. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
    I'm going to have to say it would be a cookout and that it would be for my family and Matt's family. We never throw any kind of parties and I was just thinking that we should have a small get together for Matt's birthday next month. Doubtful that it happens, but one can hope!
  2. If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
    The mountains. I love the mountains. My favorite vacation spot is in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Love it there! I love everything about the mountains!!!
  3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
    I'm kind of liking the age I am now. *shrugs* I guess I would say there would be a range of 27-32. I like that age range. I wouldn't want to be younger than I am... But I don't want to get old either. So, 27-32 it is! :)
  4. If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently?
    I think I would do more. By that I mean, hang out with my friends more, visit with my family more, travel more, love more, read more, dance more, etc...
  5. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
    For health purposes, I would like to have Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper, but I would ideally like to be an author some day, so I guess a well-liked author... perhaps Jonathan Kellerman or Jodi Picoult or something.
  6. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
    I'm honestly not sure. I've been stumped on this question for a while... Actually, this is pretty morbid, but I'd like to witness my funeral... whenever it may be. I want to know who comes and how it goes and all of that. Weird, I know.
  7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
    I would love to learn how to dance. I can get the beat down in music, comes from being in band from fifth grade to senior year, but I'm not a good dancer.
  8. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
    My book... I am only one chapter done, but I'm thinking it's going to be good when it's done... at least I hope!
  9. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
    Immortal??? I guess I would do everything that I would be afraid to do because of the possibility of death... Skydiving. Para-sailing. Bungee jumping.  
  10. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
    Anna. I've always loved the name Anna.
  11. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
    My paternal grandpa. He died seven months before my birth. My parents always tell me what a great guy he was and I'm sad that I never got to meet him.
  12. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
    Pay off all of my debt.
  13. If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
    A cat. Oh the life of a cat... eat, sleep, poop, play, repeat.
  14. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
    Is there anything/anyone else out there??? (supernaturally speaking)
  15. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
    Hermione Granger. Haha. May be lame, but I LOVE Harry Potter and I think Hermione is pretty awesome.
Personal Questions:
  1. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
    None... but when I was in high school, my instructor in JROTC (SSG Alsup) told me time and time again that I resembled Juliet Prowse. She was an actress back in the day (she passed away in the mid-90s). One of her first films was G.I. Blues with Elvis Presley.  
  2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
    An author. I would love to be able to get my ideas out on paper. I have, what I think, is a pretty steller book idea in my head and I can't seem to get it out. LOL I'm working on it though.
  3. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
    Watching TV or surfing the internet usually.
  4. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
    This is the Story of a Girl
  5. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
    Oooh. Toughy. I don't know that any song resembles my life, per se... Or that would be included in the soundtrack... Hmmmm...
Personal History Questions:
  1. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
    The first thing that comes to mind is when I was fired from one of my jobs. The store got a new manager and started firing everyone who was there before she got hired on because she wanted her own staff. I technically got fired for leaving out a mop bucket (which I didn't do). I ended up finding a better, and much more awesome, job as a barista at a coffee shop which lead me to where I am today.
  2. What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
    Supernatural Chicago Convention's Karaoke. OMG! Such a blast. Up close and personal with actors. Singing and dancing. I was so hoarse afterwards. I cannot wait for ChiCon this October! I'll be ringing in my birthday during karaoke! Huzzah!
  3. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
    I cried while watching The Glades last night. LOL I'm hormonal and proposals always make me cry!!!
  4. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
    Burying my friend Chuck or my cousin Mitchel... So sad.
  5. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
    Haha... I can't think of one experience, but I'd say working where I work has made me a stronger person. When I started here almost four years ago, I was a weakling. As a matter of fact, my boss didn't want to hire me (my mom works here) because he knew that I was a softie and he was afraid someone would hurt my feelings. Now they're all like, "Where is the sweet girl we hired?" I speak my mind, within reason, and don't let people walk all over me. :)
  6. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
    Probably what got me in the most trouble was being lazy. My mom would leave a list of chores to do and I wouldn't do them. Haha. I still hate cleaning!
  7. When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
    The first thing that comes to mind is the homemade lasagna my parents' neighbor made for us. She is half-Mexican and half-Italian and it was deeeeeeeee-lish!
  8. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
    The best gift would have to be Rusty (my Boston Terrier). My boyfriend gave him to me for my birthday three years ago. He's pretty spoiled, but I love my Turd! The worst gift I've ever been given is... well, this isn't really her fault, but when I was a teenager, my grandma didn't really know me well and she would get me like... Barbie dolls and stuff. Haha.
  9. What do you miss most about being a kid?
    Not having responsibilities or having to worry about money. Oh yeah... that would be nice. Haha.
  10. What is your first memory of being really excited?
    Oh... Haha... When my great aunt took me to see Randy Travis when I was four. I was in love with him. I told everyone that I was going to love him and kiss him and hug him every day. My aunt is so awesome she got us tickets to go see him. I got to take a rose up to the stage to give it to him, but I was so shy I wouldn't even look at him. He took it from me and tried to shake my hand, but I wouldn't let him. Haha. Good times.
  11. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
    Well if you mean money that I earned by working a job, it would be my first car which was named Jake. :)
  12. When was the last time you were nervous?
    I'm actually nervous right now because I have to go back to the gym tonight... by myself. AHH! Nerves... I was stressed yesterday though while watching Breaking Bad. As lame as that may sound, I was getting so nervous for Walt, Jesse, and the other kid. Haha.
  13. What is something you learned in the last week?
    That thieves are rude and don't care about what they do to your stuff. I didn't get stolen from but my work did. Fricken thieves.
  14. What story does your family always tell about you?
    Ah, first one that comes to mind... When we were little, we used to watch this show called Mutt & Jeff. My mom liked to call my sister and me "Mutt & Jeff". So, we were getting ready to go somewhere and my mom had just finished doing my sister's hair. She said, "Hey Mutt, get over here, let's get ready to go." She says I put my hands on my hips real sassy-like and said, "I'm not Mutt mom, I'm Jeff!" Haha.
  15. At what age did you become an adult?
    I would say about 21. I know I legally became an adult at 18, but I think it took me til I was 21 to figure out what it meant to be an adult and to make strives towards supporting myself.
Random Questions:
  1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
    Sure it is. I don't know how to elaborate on it. Haha. I suppose that any picture can tell a story. As a matter of fact, my sophomore year of high school, we had to take an ad from a magazine and use just the picture to write a story.
  2. Where’s Waldo?
    Somewhere in the crowd wearing a red and white striped shirt! (I used to love Where's Waldo? as a kid! I could always find him!!!)
  3. The best part of waking up is?
    Folgers in your cup??? Really, the fact that you woke up to begin with is the best thing!
  4. How now brown cow?
    I'm doing pretty good thanks. Haha.
  5. Whasssssuuuupppppp?
    I'm outta here. Hitting up the gym with one of my besties in about half an hour. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!