Monday, May 6, 2013

Review: Bed Head On The Rebound™


This entry is a review of a product that I received for free through BzzAgent. This is my first review, and I'm super-excited to complete more. It is free to sign up, so if you're interested in reviewing products for free, you should do it! It only took a couple of weeks to get my first product to review! Awesome...

Anyway, I was sent Bed Head On The Rebound which is a thermosetting polymer that moisturizes curls and fights frizz. It's a styling cream that can revive hair with just a quick scrunch. It's the cute purple bottle in the photo above.

They also sent me a couple of small samples of Bed Head Elasticate and Recharge shampoos and conditioners which are used to cleanse, strengthen and protect any kind of hair... colored, not colored, curly or straight... I want to review these as well and will do so at a later date.

I am starting off with photos of my usual hair. My hair was very curly as a child, but as I age it gets less and less curly. It's still pretty wavy and if it's humid, it's pretty curly. Most of the time I straighten it, but on days when it is rainy, humid, or hot, I just let it curl because it's pointless to spend the time to straighten it. My usual (or old according to the photo below) products for doing my hair curly are any 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner (currently Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light) and then a straightening balm by AVON. I use the straightening balm to keep my hair less frizzy as it's bound to be in wet weather. I took pictures directly after doing my hair while it was still damp (on the top) and at the end of the day day (on the bottom):

I apologize for the poor quality of these pictures.
It was my first attempt at making a photo collage on my cell.

So, today I decided to try out the Bed Head On The Rebound™. I showered and used my usual shampoo because I wanted to make sure that the cream itself was being reviewed. After showering, I finished my morning routine as I usually would. Instead of using my straightening balm, I used the Bed Head product. My first impression of the cream itself is that it reminded me a lot of Elmer's glue. It was white, creamy, and sticky. I loved the scent though. My straightening balm is a little overwhelming, but on this product. It smelled light and heavenly. I applied it to my hair as I would have my straightening balm and then left for the day. Here are my photos and, like the photo above, the top two are directly after applying the product and the bottom two are from when I got home from work today...


After having it in my hair all day, I do like that my hair is super soft. I feel like I could run my fingers through it without them being tangled in my hair. My main dislike is that my scalp is itchy. I have a lot of problems with hair products causing my scalp to itch. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being not itchy and 10 being so itchy I want to cry, it's only about a 4 or 5, but it's irritating none the less.

Overall, I feel like it worked as well as my current product. My hair still isn't curly, but it's also not frizzy which is my main goal when applying any product to my natural hair. I would like to try it again with working it into my hair better to see if it's able to bring out more of my natural curl. I feel like I would use it again, and as I have it, I will use it. Would I buy it? As of this moment, probably not as it seems to be a little pricy. If I use it again and it seems to work better, my stance on this may change.


Disclaimer: I was given the product for free to review and have not been compensated in any way. All opinions are my own and  completely honest.

1 comment:

  1. i used to use a bed head shine spray that smelled so good (kind of like citrus like) i would use that when i straightned my hair to make it shiney looking. i use mose every day (moose?) you know what i mean, if not i get an afro. im going to check out that site to review things, i love free stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!