Thursday, May 16, 2013

Doing what I love...

I've decided to get serious about something that I love doing... writing. I've been an avid reader since I was about four. When I was a child, my mother would send me to my room to clean and find me hours later in the closet with a book and flashlight. I've read thousands upon thousands of books in my lifetime and I've always dreamed of writing my own novels... and now I am.

I am so, so excited!!! I've been working extremely hard on building a website that would allow people to read my work as it's being written. I don't want everyone to be able to read it until it's published. My site allows it members only access to the pages with my writing in them. I don't want anyone to take my hard work or story ideas.

Building this website is the main reason why I've been kind of MIA around here. I apologize for that and hope to fit more entries written in here into my schedule... :) I'm not giving up on this blog, getting healthy, or anything like that. I just really, really want to finally attempt my dream career. I've been scared of failing for so long, but how will I know if I'll fail if I don't even try, you know?

Anyway, the main reason that I wanted to write today is because I'm looking for people to help me edit my story as I write it. I'm going to be posting each chapter on my website as I finish it, and I'd like all the input I can get. I will be self publishing it when it's finished and I'm hoping this happens by the end of 2013. I am focusing all of my writing skills into one story (I have four that are in the works). I truly believe I can have it done by then.

Here is the main synopsis of my story:
Anna is a twenty-six year old elementary school teacher who, after suffering with severe headaches and arm numbness and tremors, finds out that she has a pituitary adenoma. What will she do now that she's been given a second chance at life??? I was given a challenge to write a story based on six random words. Those words are: accent, spy, forgiven, danger, hurt, and love. This is what those words inspired.
If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, please fill out the form below. I promise that all information you fill out will be for my eyes only. Please be aware that this is a volunteer position. I couldn't pay you if I wanted to... I'm one broke girl. Haha... BUT If you provide excellent help in editing my novel, I will give you a mention in the acknowledgements.

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!