Monday, March 4, 2013

Friend Makin' Monday: Almost Spring

wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179.jpg

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Almost Spring

  1. What do you love most about Spring?  I love how the world seems to come alive... Everything is brown and dreary and dirty looking... Then Spring comes along and the trees get bright green leaves and the grass turns green and lush. The flowers start to bloom and the birds chirp and it just makes me happy! 
  2. If you’re lucky enough to have a Spring Break, what will you do to enjoy it? I don't get to have a Spring break... Boo! I'm a big girl with a full-time job. I miss Spring Break though! I will be taking a trip up to Wisconsin in a couple of weeks for my best friend's bachelorette party. Should be good times!!! 
  3. What is your favorite flower? My all-time favorite flower is a yellow rose. I really like all flowers though and love receiving them as a gift. I hope to plant some flowers in my yard this Spring. 
  4. Do you have a garden?  If so, what do you grow? I don't have a garden. I live in town and there is virtually no place in my yard to have a full garden. I would love to have one! I might see about doing an herb garden in a flower pot, but that's about the extent of what I could grow! 
  5. Share one thing that you hope to accomplish during Spring. I would love to fully Spring clean my house. We moved in about 4 years ago and we have a bunch of crap everywhere. My sister and I are planning to have a yard sale this Spring so it would be a great time to go through all of our junk everywhere and find things we (Matt and I) can sell! 
  6. Do you do Spring cleaning?  Bahaha! I didn't read ahead, if you can tell. I don't ususally, but I really want to this year. This also includes cleaning all of our windows inside and out. I'm tired of living in a messy house! It definitely needs some work, but I think we can handle it! 
  7. What is your weather *really* like right now? {Just because it’s almost Spring, doesn’t mean that it feels like it for some of you.}  It's cold and snowy here currently. Well, cold as in 33 with a feels like of 23. It flurried earlier. Luckily there is no snow on the ground right now. I'm so ready to be able to open up the windows and go outside without a jacket! 
  8. Share one photo that you’ve taken during the month of March. Hmmm. Something I've taken in the past few days??? I guess this will have to do as I don't usually take a lot of pictures. This is some Chicken & Dumplings I made the other night for dinner. Yum yum!!!


  9. What’s your favorite thing to do on a sunny afternoon? I love sitting outside in a comfy chair or hammock with a good book. I love reading and reading outdoors just makes my day!
  10. If you could spend the day doing anything in your city, what would you do? Well, my city is small and there's really not much to do. I suppose I'd go out to my parents' house and go on a boat ride. I love boat rides even if it's too cold to swim!

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Darn, it sucks being a responsible adult with no Spring Break, doesn't it?

    I'm ready to see some green around here, too!

    stopping in from FMM - hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I did it. :)
    Being alone in the office gives me a chance to slack. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish every color of rose didn't have a "meaning." I looove yellow roses, but one time my boyfriend got them for me and my roommates were all "Doesn't that mean friendship, Amy?" No, it means they're beautiful!

    Anyway, stopping by for a belated FMM! I answered the questions over at my blog, too.
    http://delightfullyshrinking.com/2013/03/friend-makin-monday-almost-spring/#comments

    ReplyDelete

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!