Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Excuses, Excuses... + Money Woes

I'm not going to lie. I've been slacking horribly on the diet and exercise front. I realize that it's a lifestyle change and not a "diet"... I wanted to get my mental health in check before really concentrating on weight loss. Now that I'm on the Prozac, I feel more in control of what I eat... Instead of the nagging "I NEED, I NEED" feeling I get which causes a binge, I feel... "normal". By this I mean, I eat when I want and I eat what I want without being obsessed or compelled to eat. This is HUGE for me. I need to go back to the gym, but I'm not yet. I know this sounds like a lame excuse, but to get into the habit of going to the gym, I need to go six days a week for at least two weeks in a row and then I won't want to miss. I can't do that yet. I'm aiming for going back the week of November 4th. I run a weight loss support group on another website and that is when the next phase of that begins. I don't know...

I am supposed to go to Chicago next weekend for a convention. Many of my longtime readers will know that I am a complete nerd and I love the television show Supernatural. I run a fan site and everything. Haha. Anyway, there is a convention in Chicago next weekend to hang out with the celebs and what have you. I've already spent in the vicinity of $1200 to go. My roomie just found out she's on the schedule at work that weekend even though they already approved the time off. She's got to talk to her manager about it, who is out of the office currently. If she can't go, I'm probably going to try to sell my tickets because...

I AM BEYOND BROKE. I literally have less than $5 in my checking account and nothing in my savings. I have two "real" credit cards with a combined spending limit of $620 and both of them are basically maxed out. I took a loan to go to the convention last year and I'm still working on paying that off. I owe about $8000 on that (they also consolidated all of my previous debt and the interest rate is really high, that is if I had to pay all of the interest too). I owe about $11,000 for my car still. Oh, I have a Fashion Bug card that has about $400 on it. Awesome. Money sucks. In February of last year I was completely out of debt. Now I have all of this debt but at least all of my accounts are in good standing these days. *sigh*

I would LOVE to have a work-from-home business that is legitimate. No lie. I have a set schedule at work so I suppose I COULD pick up an evening/weekend job, but I don't want that. I want a job where I can set my own schedule and work only when I want to and only do what I want when I want which is difficult to find. I know I'm being picky, but I do want more money.

I thought about building a web design business. I do have a certificate in web design, but I am not a professional by any means and I can only do my websites a certain way. I make them all virtually the same. For an example, you can visit my fan site Supernatural Fandom. Basically all of my sites look like that. *shrugs* I don't like fancy or over the top sites so I hate doing them and never learned how to do them.

Then I thought about maybe doing freelance editing, but I have no idea how to get the word out there. I don't have any type of English degree, but I was told that is okay. I am a grammar queen and any time anyone needs something sent off, they send it to me to proofread. I have proofed two books that a girl that I know has written. I did them for free, but I figure I could maybe get paid to do this somehow. I don't know.

I even considered doing something like... Scentsy or Thirty-One or something, but I don't know if I want to get into that... not to mention a ton of people I know already do that. I just got out of selling AVON. I never made ANY money selling AVON because I bought too many products and I didn't work hard to try to find people to buy from me. I didn't want to have to hunt down the people who bought to deliver the items. I suppose if I did Scentsy or Thirty-One, I'd at least have parties and could worry about getting the merchandise to the party holder instead of the customers themselves. I don't know. I mean, I'm not a salesperson so I don't know that I'd do well with something like that. I didn't like AVON because you couldn't promote your business outside of their site. I think that's SUPER lame. I got in trouble for having a Facebook page where I could promote my business. Like they threatened to immediately remove me as a representative and threatened legal action if I didn't take it down right away. Seriously...

Any advice for me? I really want to find some extra money somehow, but with my work schedule now, I don't want to get a second job. I just want to do something from home in my free time... 2-3 hours an evening or maybe 16 hours over a weekend or something. *shrugs* Help!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!