Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Wonderland!!!

We were put under a Winter Weather Advisory on Thursday for Friday afternoon into Saturday around noon. It was already snowing when I got off work on Friday. I went home and didn't leave the house. When I woke up Saturday morning and looked outside, this is what I saw:


We were in a Winter Wonderland! It was so pretty!!! I can appreciate snow when I don't have to leave the house. Haha! It was so beautiful outside. It also helped put me into the Christmas spirit. I grew up in a family who always put up the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving. That didn't happen in my house this year. 

My boyfriend has been incredibly busy at work and didn't get out my Christmas tree (from the shed which I rarely go in) until last Monday. I had planned to put the tree up Friday, but didn't. With the snow outside, I wanted to get my tree up fast. I turned on the TV and found the holiday music station, but it wasn't working. I was confused for a minute until I realized our dish was probably full of snow. I bundled up, took Rusty out back with me, and cleaned out the snow in the dish. It worked after that! I went in and started putting up my tree!

I think my tree is defective. It's a pre-lit tree and when I put it up last year, for the first time, there was a section that I couldn't get to light for anything. I finally messed with almost every bulb on that section and it finally lit. The same thing happened this year... I finally finished fighting my tree and got all of the ornaments on only to realize that I didn't have my tree skirt or topper (I use a Santa hat). I donned all of my winter attire and ran out to our shed. It didn't take me long and I found the bag they were in... I went in, put on the skirt and the topper, and decorated my house with the little bit of decorations I put out. Then I took pics of my pretty tree:


The one on the left is with a flash and the one on the right is without. I love it! After that, I took a little bit of a break to eat some lunch and straighten up. Then I got to work on wrapping what presents I could. If you could look to the left of where my tree is, there was a huge pile of presents that needed wrapped. I got all but three or four presents wrapped and they're now under my tree. When I was done wrapping presents, I put together the quilt rack I bought myself. It was super easy and looks great so I can't wait to display it in my living room. Right now it's in the bedroom because there's no room in the living room with the tree up! 

After being so productive on a weekend (usually I'm super lazy and don't do much), I decided to take a relaxing bath as I hadn't done that in about a month. I soaked in the tub for a good hour and a half while I watched a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother on my Kindle. I'm finally on season 8 and can't wait to get caught up on the current season. Haha. I showered and put on some pajamas and then worked on my Supernatural site's scavenger hunt until about 10:30. Then I laid in bed and watched a few more episodes of HIMYM. 

Sunday wasn't as productive, but I did a lot of work on my website. I did a load of laundry and the dishes, but other than that, all I did was worked on my website and watched television. We still don't have a new clothes dryer and there are some things that just aren't as soft when they aren't dried in a dryer. We should be getting a new one no later than this weekend which is nice...

Today has been dreary in a wintery sense. We've had a chance of flurries all day and it's foggy out. My favorite phenomenon happens when it's foggy in the winter...


I LOVE when the trees look like this. I'm not 100% sure what causes it, though I'm sure there is a cause... I just don't know it. :) Okay, I better go. I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!