Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Weigh In + Sick Pets

A while back I discussed moving my weigh in days. I used to weigh in on Fridays, but that gave me the excuse of eating like crap the entire weekend since I had a week to fix my mistakes. I would eat way too much during the weekend, gain a few pounds by Monday, and then work all week to get just below where I was the week before. It's a viscous cycle that just doesn't work for me anymore.

Then came the decision of what day to pick... Mondays are rough just because it's the first day of the week so I didn't want to weigh in on Mondays... On top of that, I'm liable to forget if I choose Monday as my weigh in day since I'm half asleep while getting ready in the morning... After some contemplation, I decided my new weigh in day will be Tuesday... 

Before I post my embarrassing weigh in, I want to point out that I got a new scale. My old scale was a cheap one from Walmart. I couldn't test to see how accurate it was because I only have 2 and 5 pound weights and it didn't weigh anything less than 50 pounds. When I got my new scale, I tested the accuracy by placing two of my two pound weights on it. It read 4 pounds. That proves that the new scale is correct and accurate. My old scale was way off... I mean *WAY* off. The first time I weighed on my new scale (the Friday before last), I weighed on my old one too. My old scale read 221.0 and my new scale read 236.8... My old scale was 15+ pounds off! WHOA! 

Anyway, that being said... here is my weigh in for this week:

It's up from my old scale still, but down from 1.5 weeks ago, so I'm happy with that... Oh! The bottom number on my scale, if you can't tell, says that I'm up 83.2 pounds from my goal weight. It's cool that it tells me that!!!

I am such a worrier when it comes to my pets. I love them, they're like my children, and I'm sad when they're hurting. We think Lucky got into a cat fight. She's an indoor cat, but sometimes goes outside with Matt or me. Matt let her out the Saturday before last and forgot she was out. She was outside for 8 hours. Ever since she's been acting really weird... hiding a lot and being needy. Before this all happened, she was exactly the opposite of a cat... hostile and anti-social so this is really weird behavior for her. She has finally started to venture out of her hiding places and Matt was checking her out the other night. She has scabs all over her neck. She's eating (though not as much as usual) and using the bathroom regularly. She doesn't want our attention as much, but I keep finding her in the weirdest places. The other day, I literally thought, I should start a picture feed of the weird places I've found her . LOL I hope she starts feeling better soon... if not we're going to have to take her to the vet.

Rusty has a vet appointment at 5:30 on Thursday. The other day Matt found a lump on his rib. I had noticed the lump a month or so earlier, but thought it was the way he was sitting. I didn't realize it was an actual lump. It's about the size of a dime and hard like bone. It doesn't move and it doesn't hurt him at all... I keep hoping it's nothing, but then I think, "What if it isn't?" *sigh* Rusty is my buddy and I would be devastated if anything bad were to come of this...

So, fingers crossed that Lucky starts feeling better and Rusty's lump isn't serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!