Thursday, August 29, 2013

I'm a what??? + Crafty People: Help!?

We have this customer that comes into my work. He's rather obnoxious and likes to mess with things on our counter. Usually when he comes in, he dings our counter bell (to alert that someone needs assistance) repeatedly until we want to smash him over the head with it... Now we've gotten used to hiding the bell when we see him coming in the building. Since we've been hiding the bell, he's been messing with our credit card terminal. The first time he came in and messed with it, he ran all sorts of reports and luckily didn't screw anything up, but still... The second time I'm not sure what he was doing... He would mess with it while my coworker Terry was getting his order together and he (the customer) was alone at the counter. So, today he came in and I figured he'd try to mess with the terminal so I watched him. As soon as he picked it up, I walked to the counter and said, "Please do not mess with that." I said it as sternly as I could. He put the terminal down... When Terry got back up to the counter with the customer's order, the customer told Terry what I had said and my Terry's response was, "Duh!"... Then the customer told Terry that I'm a bitch. LOL I don't know that I've ever been called that before. I guess there's a first time for everything!

Okay, I know it's early, but here's the deal. Last year, I bought the majority of my Christmas presents on credit thinking I would pay it off... I didn't and now I'm still paying on it. I've put away all of my credit cards and am not buying anything else on credit until I can control my spending better. Since I have very limited funds, I'm thinking about making homemade Christmas gifts for all of the people in my family/that I shop for... That would be: 8 women, 3 men, and 3 girls (13, 10, and 4). For these people, it would be a "big" gift as these are my family and good friends. For my mom's side of the family, we stuff stockings for everyone. These are small items. I already have a few gifts, but not many... There are 12 women, 13 men, the 13, 10, and 4 year old girls, and possibly two other little ones (under the age of 8). Do you have any thoughts for things I could make for Christmas presents AND stocking stuffers? I have a little money to spend. I have a sewing machine. I have scrapbooking stuff. I'm not really sure where to go with everything... Ideas? Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. what about bath salts for all the women? All it takes is some epsom salt which you could buy in bulk and a few drops of a scent (i.e. lavender or vanilla). Put in some cute mason jars and tie with a pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!