Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Recap

Friday after work, I met my friend Megan and we went out to eat. We went to Monical's which is a pizza joint mostly in the Midwest. We ate our pizza and then went back to my house and sat in her truck outside playing that new Facebook game "Guess the 90s". I went in and Megan left around 7:45 or so. I changed my clothes and fed the animals. My cat has a urinary tract infection at the moment. I had to keep watching her to make sure she didn't pee on the carpet anywhere. It's rather annoying cleaning up pee spots everywhere... I do feel sorry for her though because UTIs aren't pleasant. While keeping an eye on her, I started to clean my dishes. I had been insanely busy with planning my friend's baby shower and hadn't done my dishes in about a week... The photo I shared is only slightly worse than what my kitchen looked like. Taking frequent breaks to check on my kitty, it took me about two hours to do my dishes. Yikes. I'm not letting that happen again, that's for sure! It was absolutely horrible! I went to bed shortly after around 10:30.

Saturday I woke up at 8 or so. I laid in bed until 8:30 and then hopped in the shower. Once I finished getting ready, I loaded up my car (in the pouring rain) to head to my parents' house. I had to run by the Dollar Tree to get some last minute things and some helium balloons. Then I went by McDonald's to get a quick breakfast and hit the road. I got to my parents' shortly before 11. I sat and talked to my mom for a while and then started decorating for Pam's baby shower. I decorated with all of the supplies I had and then made sandwiches for the guests to eat. Sarah (my co-host) arrived around 1:15. Pam and her family were already on their way, so Sarah and I rushed to get everything done. My mom's house looked adorable! I didn't take any pictures though... Sarah did. I hope she posts some on Facebook soon and I can steal a few. I was kind of disappointed with the turn out. Only half of the people who said they were coming did... the ones that did come are the ones that mattered most, but I'm sure it hurt Pam's feelings that only one of her friends came (other than the two who were hosting the party for her). Regardless, she got a lot of great gifts. The party was supposed to end at 4, but people stayed around until 6 or so. I helped my mom clean up and then left and went home around 7. I got home, relaxed for a little bit, and went to bed around 9:30. I was exhausted!!!

Yesterday I woke up around 8 or so. I laid in bed forever and finally got up. I worked on my new website for a while. I'm creating an entertainment-based website with news, reviews, previews, original articles, etc about anything entertainment-related. So far, my categories are novels, television, movies, music, video games, celebrities, etc. It's called and right now I'm accepting applications for authors for these articles. I'm not 100% sure of how the site is going to be set up right now, but I'm working on it. If you're interested in volunteering your time (right now I'm unable to pay for help, but will hopefully be able to do so in the future), please go to the site and apply. :)

Around 3, I showered and left my house to go to my parents' for Super Bowl. My parents' Super Bowl party was so small (my parents, my sister and niece, my friend Jen, and me) that my mom decided to make Thanksgiving dinner instead of normal SB foods... We had turkey, mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, corn, sweet potatoes, dressing, rolls... the whole shebang. LOL It was delicious and unexpected.

The game, in my opinion, sucked. It didn't even seem like the Broncos showed up. The commercials were okay... I LOVED the halftime show though. I thought Bruno Mars and the Chili Peppers nailed it. Jen and I were talking about going to see Bruno Mars in concert when he comes to Chicago this summer. Tickets should be on sale right now. Haha.

I got home late and went straight to bed pretty much. I didn't sleep the greatest last night, but I'll survive. I am going to Curves tonight. I signed up for a gym pact. If I don't go to Curves three times this week, I'll owe $5 for each day I miss. Considering I can only go to Curves three days in a week (because of their hours), I HAVE to go tonight. My gym bag is packed and in my car. Once I get home, I'll make something for dinner, clean up my mess, watch a little TV, and go to bed early... Hopefully... That's my plan anyway. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was getting a lot of spam comments, so I had to turn off anonymous user comments. Sorry! I love reading your comments though!